INEOS NITRILES USA LLC
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a rapidly growing manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty and intermediate chemicals and polymers. INEOS includes 67 manufacturing facilities in 16 countries throughout the world with approximately 17,000 employees. INEOS’s annual turnover is around $40bn making it one of the largest chemical companies in the world.
The INEOS Nitriles Green Lake Plant located near Victoria, Texas, is a world scale, state of the art chemical complex. The primary product from this site is Acrylonitrile, a chemical intermediate used in the production of acrylic fibers, plastics, and nitrile rubber. Acetonitrile and Hydrogen Cyanide are co-products of the Acrylonitrile production process. Acetonitrile is purified through a proprietary process to produce a very high quality material with little waste generated.
Purpose of the job:
The primary role of this position is to implement sustainable processes for current and future mechanical and electromechanical systems. To maintain systems and product data bases for all critical rotating and fixed mechanical equipment. To use root cause analysis to determine equipment failures for rotating and fixed mechanical equipment and recommend/implement corrective actions. This role also provides engineering support for the mechanical projects as well as new fabrication or construction. Acts as a consultant to the Management Team on the mechanical reliability of process equipment and the ability of this equipment to perform in meeting operational plans. Recommends and advises on materials of construction for new equipment and the maintenance and repair of existing equipment to assure that operations will be safe, reliable, and efficient. Responsible for mechanical integrity management through the development, maintenance, and periodic review of the critical equipment list, operating/integrity envelopes, applicable damage mechanisms, and inspection plans. Stays current with new inspection techniques and technologies and advises on their application and limitations. Maintains a safe, efficient operation and established operating conditions, meets production needs and product specifications, as well as ISO, ILCI, PSM, VPP, and Responsible Care requirements. Adheres to and supports the INEOS 20 Principles and INEOS Global Life Saving Rules.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Develops, implements, and maintains site Mechanical Programs to meet the principles of INEOS standards, as required by Federal, State and Industry Codes and Standards, and in accordance with plant reliability and operational safety.
- Works alongside the Production Asset Integrity Engineers to ensure proper execution of the site’s Mechanical Integrity Programs.
- 为已知的资产issu提供工程解决方案es to ensure to reliability, availability and operability.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a strong quantitative protocol per API and ASME standards and INEOS directives.
- Calculates and maintains criticality rankings for rotating and mechanical assets.
- Develops programs and metrics needed to predict asset reliability.
- Determines applicable damage mechanisms for all assets to ensure reliability during changing conditions, operational upsets, etc.
- Participates in the creation and ongoing maintenance of site operating windows to incorporate integrity related information and stays abreast of any breaches to assess impact to the overall integrity of the affected items.
- Develops and maintains detailed preventive and predictive plans for all items related to mechanical fixed equipment and rotating. Including proper inspection techniques according to determined damage mechanisms, known integrity issues, operational upsets, SHE alerts, and other issues that occur over the lifetime of the asset.
- Analyzes all equipment data and recommends further action when needed, assesses early retirement dates, and updates future equipment replacements.
- Works with Millwrights on rotating equipment and proper maintenance procedures..
- Maintains the overall framework, databases, and information in the site’s asset PCMS system.
- Maintains the five-year CAPEX rotating and fixed asset program, provides appraise stage information to site project management, and consults with project managers on ongoing projects.
- Maintains and reports all rotating equipment and related KPIs to site Management Team.
- Works with the site’s asset integrity engineer on the asset integrity program.
- Participates in Management of Change reviews by reviewing all integrity-related Category "A" Modifications.
- Reviews mechanical site bid packages to ensure proper application of INEOS Nitriles Engineering Practices.
- Participate in audits and interviews, including 20 Principles, OSHA, PSM, ISO 9002, etc.
Education & Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or relevant Engineering field from an accredited university is required.
- 10+ years of mechanical integrity experience in a refining/petrochemical plant
- Strong background in boilers, fire systems, and cooling water systems.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrates expert level mechanical engineering expertise and makes a significant contribution through innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Provides technical leadership for rotating and fixed assets.
- Possesses a solid understanding and demonstrates knowledgeable application of both internal and external engineering codes and standards.
- Knowledgeable in maintenance management system and asset integrity management system software programs, such as SAP and PCMS.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills are required.
- Maintains well developed outside contacts among other INEOS sites, technology providers, equipment suppliers, engineering firms, professional associations, and industry peers to share expertise and implement best practices.
- Ability to climb fixed ladder cages at heights of 30 ft. at a time. Total of 200 ft. (Employee may need ladders as means of egress during emergency).
- Ability to climb 6 flights of stairs.
- Ability to enter enclosed spaces through 18” man-way for cleaning and inspection purposes.
- Ability to lift 50 lb.
- Ability to wear required PPE: Hardhat, safety glasses, chemical goggles, face shield, rigid safety shoes/boots, full/half face cartridge masks.
- Ability to work length of time outdoors/ inclement weather.
- Job specific: Climbing, balance, bend/stoop, kneeling, reaching, lifting, carrying.
- Need to evaluate understanding of proper lifting techniques and body mechanics.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.