Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. Comprising 36 individual businesses, we operate 194 facilities in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
Purpose of the job:
This role is specifically focused on assuring that the proper process design is employed for the engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, and start-up of the manufacturing facilities. This position is a lead position within the Project Technical Team and reports to the Project General Manager. This position will work with the project organization and the engineering contractors to ensure that a complete and safe process scope is generated, that the proper codes and standards are developed and adhered to, that the process design deliverables are of proper quality, and that the commissioning and start-up plans are complete and executed in an efficient and effective manner.
鉴于这是一个project role, it can be expected that the role will change and evolve during the various stages of the project.
- Safety Performance (SHE)
- Attention to process hazards inherent to the process
- Project cost, schedule, and construction plans
- Quality of engineering standards, designs, specifications and other requirements
- Protection of INEOS IP and maintaining appropriate confidentiality
- Process design quality
- Budget and schedule
- Business and Operational expectations
- Safety Performance (SHE)
- Market for contractors & availability of technical resources
- Purchasing environment for process equipment and bulks
- Local laws, environmental permitting, and regulations
- Site partner interface and relationships
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Accountability 1: Participate and influence process design and engineering.
- Lead the process design of the production process.
- Design, coordinate, and execute process development experiments at the pilot and commercial scale to optimize the process design.
- Lead effort to assess options and select the final process design.
- Control philosophy development, design, documentation, and implementation
- Equipment design and specifications
- Conduct reviews of basic and detailed engineering documents to guarantee performance of the plant.
- Steer basic and detailed engineering processes to ensure final design has the expected performance.
- Coordinate peer reviews and peer assists where applicable.
- 确保安全是设计到资产with minimum requirements as summarized in the Oligomers Process Safety Handbook.
- Drive hazard analysis of process design including assessing and implementing hazard analysis recommendations.
- Coordinate new process/existing asset interface to ensure minimal cost and operational disruption.
Accountability 2: Front-end loading organization phase
- Consult with contractors to identify risks, handle questions and clarify misunderstandings.
- Train contractor staff on INEOS technology and organize team for efficient process design activity.
- Execute process design deliverables aligned with project execution philosophy.
- Ensure appropriate process design tools are available.
Accountability 3: SELECT and DEFINE Stage Engineering
- Define capital efficient process within safety, reliability, operating cost, and product quality and product distribution performance requirements.
- Support the design of integral control systems and process engineering including but not limited to: process flow diagrams, P&IDs, line lists, equipment lists and specifications
- Support the design of integral process safety systems including but not limited to safety interlocks, safety devices, including specification and schematics.
- Participate in process safety evaluations as per industry standard, including SIL analysis and HAZOP process.
- Assist other engineering discipline design efforts such as plot plan design, equipment spacing and arrangement, constructability, piping layout and design, and preliminary mechanical, instrumentation and electrical engineering.
- Lead the EPC design team to:
- Develop final Heat and Material Balance (H&MB)
- Develop Design Basis Documentation
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams for the process to be constructed, finalized by end of SELECT Stage
- Develop Piping and Instrument Diagrams for the process, finalized by end of DEFINE Stage
- Develop equipment list, perform equipment sizing based on the H&MB and develop process specifications for all equipment
- Develop process control philosophy, develop safety interlock philosophy and schematics,
- Develop instrument list, perform detailed process control design and develop process specifications for all instruments and process control systems,
- Develop safety device list, perform safety device sizing based on most likely failure scenario’s and develop process specifications for all safety devices,
- Develop utilities and chemicals requirements or perform OSBL design as per above as the case may be,
- Prepare technical process documents required for project sanctioning,
- Ensure input from Operations and Maintenance organizations of current PAO operations.
- Perform all process safety evaluations as per industry standard, including SIL analysis and HAZOP process.
- Support preparation of cost estimates for the project.
- Review equipment bids and support equipment selection process.
- Support implementation of Value Improving Practices (e.g. Design to Capacity, Constructability, Reliability Modelling, etc.)
- Support other engineering discipline design efforts such as plot plan design, equipment spacing and arrangement, constructability, piping layout and design, and preliminary mechanical, instrumentation, and electrical engineering.
Accountability 4: EXECUTE Stage
- Audit and Conduct FAT and SAT on all control systems and safety instrumented systems for the plant.
- Support finalizing engineering discipline design with minimal change to process design.
- Support Pre-commissioning and Commissioning / start-up planning.
- Participate in construction activity and field review as required.
- Prepare process documentation for hand-over to Plant Operations.
- Act as mentor to provide technical expertise and training to site engineers and contractor personnel.
- Train personnel on Process Safety codes and standards
- Identify risks, handle questions and clarify misunderstandings.
- Lead punch-listing efforts in the final stages of construction to ensure all process components are constructed as specified.
Accountability 5: Operate Stage
- Drive PSSRs and drive for a safe unit start-up
- Support operations during start-up and initial months of operations.
- Conduct rate tests and unit trials to benchmark process performance against intended process design.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of start-up data and hand-over to operations.
- Bachelors in Chemical engineering required
- Minimum 7 years process design and chemical operations experience
- Experience with process simulation required with demonstrated real world model validation and application.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of process chemistry and engineering.
- Broad based knowledge and experience in chemical process and unit operations design.
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing experiments at the lab, pilot, and commercial scale and then applying results to process design.
- Mentoring experience on technical topics
- Understanding of chemical process control and safety system design.
- Strong computational and data analysis skills
- Strong IT skills with process modelling and process simulation software.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Project experience.
- Rapid problem solving together with the ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of applicable process specifications and requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Build networks to enhance effectiveness ad share knowledge.
- Self-motivated, self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Position requires strong technical and influencing skills Tenacity and patience.
- Team player with “can do” attitude.
- Able to connect with people from differing cultures and backgrounds.
- Self-motivated with ability to work in an intense, fast paced environment.
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Work Environment: This job is performed mainly in a temperature controlled office environment.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application