The Process Safety Management (PSM) Engineer oversees and supports the site PSM initiatives and ensures compliance to applicable process safety regulations. He/she oversees the Process Safety Management program, Management of Change (MOC) element, Process and Dust Hazard Analysis (PHA/DHA) systems, Incident Investigation, and Capital Projects Risk Assessments. The jobholder will drive resolution of PSM issues by interfacing with plant personnel, supporting Process Safety audits, and leading the INEOS 20 Safety and Behavioral Principles initiative.
英力士ABS是一个附属英力士Styrolution with both companies being wholly-owned by INEOS AG. The INEOS ABS manufacturing facility produces plastic polymers and is located in Addyston, OH, just outside of Cincinnati, OH. INEOS ABS produces a well-balanced portfolio of high quality products with a strong focus on specialty ABS. Its leading technology and application development platform is widely recognized in the industry, making it the provider of choice for customers requiring value-added properties such as color, toughness, durability, heat resistance and appearance.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and oversee execution of tactical and strategic plans to improve process safety management performance.
- Create, develop, and improve existing PSM program elements to improve process safety, employee health and safety, and environmental compliance throughout the site.
- Provide Process Safety trainings to employees, managers and external partners / contractors in order to increase safety awareness and support our safety culture
- Collaborate with site operations leadership and engineers to scope and prioritize capital improvement projects to improve process safety.
- Lead and participate in site operational audits.
- Participate in the site’s preparation for and track closure of Process Safety audit findings.
- Perform quarterly internal PSM system audits
- Facilitate PHA’s, DHA’s, and LOPA’s for processes to meet both internal and external regulatory schedule requirements while providing the necessary documentation, completing management reviews and issuing reports to meet established deadlines.
- Support project managers and site teams to deliver Risk Assessments and PSM deliverables required as part of project execution.
- Lead safety studies for new projects and work with site engineers to ensure effectiveness and consistency of PHA’s, DHA’s, and LOPA’s.
- Support, provide oversight, and track closure of PHA/DHA/LOPA related action items to ensure timely completion and appropriate documentation.
- Be the MOC program gatekeeper to ensure MOC completion before the change is implemented and timely completion of pre and post startup action items
- 促进假设、HAZOP和名研究娘家姓的ded based on the risk of the change
- Provide support, guidance, and oversight for individual MOC owners to ensure deliverables are in line with PSM program requirements
- Approve MOC changes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Support and provide oversight for Pre Start Up Safety Reviews (PSSR)
- Provide incident investigation training to employees, managers, and external partners/contractors
- Lead root cause analysis of process safety incidents and communicate findings
- Track incident investigation completion, action items, and findings
- Report monthly incident investigations to the site and KPIs to the management
- Analyze internal and external near hits, lifesaving rule violations, high potential and other incidents for immediate and root causes to prevent similar occurrences on site.
Skills, Training, and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field is required.
- 3 or more years of experience working in chemical industry or equivalent experience in Process Safety Management
- Experience in Process Safety Management programs/protocols and familiarity with the 14 elements of PSM.
- Working knowledge of quality and environmental systems and regulations.
- Working knowledge of safety systems and regulations.
- Strong chemical process manufacturing knowledge and experience.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Project management experience.
- Work and interact effectively as a team member.
- Organize work effectively and use available resources.
- Excellent organizational skills and a systematic approach to problem definition and solution development.
- Adherence to the 20 Principles for Managing Behavioral Safety and Process Safety.
Physical and Visual Acuity Requirements and Environmental conditions:
- Must be able to frequently work at a moderate pace.
- Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, ascend and descend stairs, bend, stoop, twist, and work around extreme heat or cold, high noise levels over 85 Db, at heights, around dusts/mist/fumes, on wet or damp walking or work surfaces, around chemicals (Acrylonitrile, 1,3-Butatiede, Styrene Monomer, Maleic Anhydride and others).
- Must be able to ascend and descend caged ladders, turn valve/wrench handles, kneel/crouch/crawl, reach above shoulder height, reach at or below shoulder height, work with vibratory tools, do confined space entry, work in cramped quarters, operate vehicles, work with automated machinery and work around allergens (dust, latex, etc.).
- Must be able to work outside 50% of the time. Must work with others 50% of the time, full face respirator, SCBA, or Escape Air Pack, wear steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, long sleeves, hearing protection, fall protection and other PPE as warranted.
- Must be able to lift (pushing & pulling effort while stationary) 10-20 lbs. approximately 1 time a day and carry (pushing & pulling effort while walking) 10-20 lbs. approximately 2 times a day.
- Must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus and to receive detailed information through oral communication, make discriminations in sound, and perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels, with or without correction.
- This position is considered a “safety critical job”, which requires for the employee to be always alert, able to concentrate on their task at hand, and not impaired by medications (prescription, non-prescription, illegal or legal substances including alcohol), or any other mental condition which adversely affects alertness, concentration, or judgment.
- Must be physically capable of performing Safety/IH duties in a field environment, including the wearing of respiratory protection. Must pass a post offer physical and drug screen.
We offer the following comprehensive benefits package:Medical, Dental, Vision Service Plan, 401K with company match + contribution, short term/long term disability; medical, flexible and dependent care spending accounts including life & accidental insurance plans.
At INEOS Styrolution, we recognize success and reward your achievements. Our competitive salaries reflect both market conditions and the levels of skill and experience we require from our workforce to remain at the forefront of our industry. Individual contributions are recognized and rewarded through performance-related pay and bonuses. We support employees who are passionate for success, spirited, bold and motivated to tackle new challenges! Apply and join our team today!
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application